We want to help 10 million individuals get to sleep quickly and reliably without pharmaceuticals.
We believe that getting sufficient quality and quantity of sleep is one of the most important factors in living a healthy, productive life. We also believe that you can get the sleep you need without resorting to sleeping pills. There are many natural remedies that can help you without side effects. Our mission is to help YOU find the right ones.
Marixie Ann Obsioma, is a licensed Medical Technologist (Medical Laboratory Science) and an undergraduate of Doctor of Medicine (MD). She had her internship training in a government hospital for a year, serving mostly retired Veterans and their dependents.
Her experiences during preceptorships in medical school allowed her to see patients regularly from different medical departments. The combination of having a good medical background, being a mom, and wanting to help people especially the elderly has cultivated her passion of working in remote areas with love and compassion.
Mark Hansen is a passionate sleep enthusiast and the founder of 40Winks.io, a popular blog dedicated to promoting healthy sleep habits and improving sleep quality. With years of experience in the healthcare industry, Mark has become an expert on the science behind sleep and its impact on overall health and wellness. He believes that everyone deserves a good night’s sleep and works tirelessly to provide his readers with practical tips and advice for achieving optimal sleep. Mark’s commitment to spreading awareness about the importance of sleep has earned him a loyal following and made 40Winks.io a go-to resource for anyone looking to improve their sleep quality.
40 Winks uses Google AdSense, Infolinks and other advertising providers. If you have other inquiries related to advertising, please contact: [email protected]
The purpose here to outline our editorial policy in broad strokes rather than to disclose the style guide for our writers, although if you have questions on that front most of them can be answered here.
Here are the general guidelines and values of our editorial policy:
- Provide Value – This is our prime directive and if we get nothing else right, we should still nail this one.
- Write for a global audience in US English – Gardening is applicable to everyone on the planet, but for consistency we use US English spellings and measurements.
- Images – All imagery on the site is either designed for our site specifically, purchased by us or determined to be in the public sphere (in which case this is noted in the caption). Imagery should also add value, if only to entertain.
- Sourcing – All sources should be noted, either in the text of the article or in the citations at the end of the article. Sourcing should be more rigorous the closer a topic is to personal health and welfare (i.e., articles about diabetes need more sources than articles about gardening).
- Expertise – Our writers, editors, researchers and reviewers are selected for their topical expertise and storytelling abilities. It is our intention to collect and distribute the world’s best content on gardening.
If you have questions about our editorial policies or the quality of our content, please contact: [email protected]
We pride ourselves on our expertise here at 40 Winks. Here are the professionals who review the content on our site for accuracy and completeness.
Dr. Akhil K Padmanabhan, MDS
Dr. Akhil brings with him a wealth of experience in managing patients with complex diseases at global health organizations. He honed his technical abilities during programs at Harvard Medical School and the University of Geneva. His work has been published in dentistry journals and blogs in multiple disciplines. Dr. Padmanabhan is a practitioner, academician, researcher and a rank holder from Rajiv Gandhi University post-graduate in Periodontics, Implantology and Laser Surgery. He is known for his outstanding clinical care for sleep disorders and sleep education. His areas of specialty include:
- Treatment of Infectious Disease and Immunocompromised Patients
- Mechanical Ventilation for COVID-19
- Antimicrobial Stewardship Hypertension in Primary Care
- Diabetes in the Time of COVID-19
- Sleep Deprivation
- Youth Sexual and Reproductive Health
- Strategies for Effective Pain Management
Dr. Irena Ilic, MD, Ph.D.
Dr. Irena Ilic received her medical degree and completed her Ph.D. at the University of Kragujevac, Serbia. She has clinical experience at the primary, secondary and tertiary level of care and is working as a university-affiliated researcher. Her research practice resulted in over two dozen papers in renowned international journals. Part of her interest within her epidemiology specialization training involves neurological and psychological issues.
During her undergraduate and postgraduate studies she received multiple academic awards, and graduated first in her class, which was recognized and awarded by the Serbian medical society. As a Cochrane member, Dr. Irena is committed to evidence-based medicine and strives to provide the most accurate and up-to-date information.
In her free time Irena enjoys baking, coffee, detective novels and jazz.