Do you or people you know suffer from sleep problems? You are not alone. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), almost 70 million people in the United States suffer from chronic sleep disorders. That’s a big number, and it wouldn’t come as a surprise if you know someone who has trouble falling asleep.
We’ve all faced issues falling asleep at least once in our lives. Insomnia is the most common sleeping disorder in American adults. It causes trouble falling or staying asleep. These problems arise due to various reasons, including injuries, mental health issues, stress, an inactive lifestyle, sudden life changes, etc.
Sleep disorders can have a massive impact on a person’s daily life. They make people easily irritable and often leave them frustrated. Lack of sleep also clouds judgement and makes them act impulsively and irresponsibly. So, if you’re planning on buying presents for a friend who struggles with sleep, we have some excellent suggestions for you. Check out our list of sleeping gifts for insomniacs below.
White Noise Machines
White noise machines are an excellent choice of sleep gifts for your insomniac friend. One of the major benefits of white noise is that it cancels out all the other sounds that might be disturbing your sleep. White noise provides a peaceful environment that eases your mind from stress. It quiets the room down and puts your brain at rest. It also lets you establish a sleep ritual, which signals to your body and mind that it’s time to sleep.
Your friend or loved one will be thankful to you for a very long time for introducing them to this miraculous invention if they haven’t used it before. It would become a sleeping gift that will help them stay asleep and experience sound sleep throughout the night. White noise machines have the option of various calming fan sounds and ambient noises to choose from. They are also easy to travel with, as they are portable and quite handy.
All of these qualities and benefits make these noise-free machine our top recommendation for your sleep-deprived friend. You can order these machines on Amazon easily. Check out our favorite bestseller here and more.
Essential oils are known to reduce stress levels and alleviate tension. Their scent can help anyone calm down and drift off to a night of deep sleep. They are also very pleasant to smell and keep the indoor air fresh and calming. Take a look at the following options to choose from:
- Lavender oil: Many studies have linked lavender to improved quality of sleep and reducing the severity of symptoms associated with sleep disorders. It will be an excellent sleepy gift for your loved one. Lavender ensures a good night s sleep and keeps stress at bay. Check out this incredible lavender product on Amazon by clicking here.
- Roman Chamomile: Chamomile tea is often recommended to insomniacs as a remedy. But you can get the same benefits and more while using it as an oil to help you fall asleep. Roman Chamomile has anxiety-reducing properties, which ensures that you’ll fall asleep quickly and soundly. Place your order for it on Amazon here.
- Valerian Oil: Valerian Oil has sedative and soothing properties that help with falling asleep immediately. It will provide the user with the sleep they need without leaving any aftereffects the next morning.
- Bergamot Oil: Bergamot brings down the blood pressure to normal, reduces stress and anxiety, and slows down the heart rate. These properties make it useful in the treatment and management of chronic sleep disorders. Therefore, we often recommend bergamot as gifts for sleep-deprived people.
Aromatherapy is a widely-used practice to help people with anxiety and stress. It’s equally useful in managing sleep disorders and improving your sleep cycle.
Check out this essential oil diffuser on Amazon to buy for your insomniac friend.
A sleep mask could be just the thing your loved one needs to fight their sleep problems. Sometimes, the unnecessary light disturbance is the reason most people struggle to stay asleep. A sleep mask could be the perfect solution for this agonizing problem. It would prevent any invasion of light during the sleep time of its user.
You need to choose a sleep mask that is light on the eyes and doesn’t feel tight or heavy on the head. Some eye masks are made of thick cloth, which can be very uncomfortable to keep on through the night. To make sure that your selected mask reduces your friend’s problem instead of adding to them, you should consider getting them a sleep mask made of silk.
Silk is very light on the skin and provides a comforting and soothing feeling. It will keep disturbing lights out of the sleeper’s sight and will help them doze off smoothly.
Plush masks are another great option as they are also very comfortable on the eyes and set the mood for sleep. Eye masks are easy to maintain and carry around. They are washable and can be used multiple times.
Shop for a silk sleep mask here!
If you want to go for something non-generic yet helpful, a weighted blanket might be just what you’re looking for. Sometimes our bodies feel vulnerable without a physical covering while asleep, and it prevents you from enjoying deep sleep. A weighted blanket will solve this problem by offering additional warmth and weight. The added gravity puts the body at rest and makes one feel safe.
These blankets are also very comfy and make the user want to stay in bed for longer periods. Therefore, friends who don’t enjoy the process of tossing and turning in bed all night may find this present a blessing.
Weighted blankets are widely available, and you can also order them online. Check out the bestsellers on Amazon for a few choices, and have the present delivered at your loved one’s doorstep.
A cheaper alternative to white noise machines are noise-canceling earplugs. These small accessories could prove to be instrumental in helping your loved one deal with their sleep problems. There are many noise canceling products available online, but nothing is as convenient as earplugs. For instance, if you’re traveling on the plane and the noise is not letting you sleep, earplugs will become the day savers.
This is an ideal gift for your friend who’s a frequent flyer or who has to share a living space with someone else. Order these sleep-helpers on Amazon right now by clicking here!
What to get someone who is stressed?
We all have a friend or two who’s always stressed out, either because of work, children, finances, or relationships. In that case, you can gift them something that will help them relax a bit. There are many thoughtful gift options to choose from for someone who is constantly stressed. Check them out below:
- Spa bath pillow
- Punching bag
- Weighted blanket
- Funny-looking stress balls
- Massage appointment
- Journal to reflect on and document their thoughts
- Essential oil diffuser
- A warm comforter
- Piece of jewelry that symbolizes your care and love
- Good-smelling candles
- Motivational book
- Yoga mat, to encourage them to meditate
- Subscription to a yoga class
What do you get someone that has everything?
You might have a friend who seems to have everything. Choosing a gift for someone who already has all that they need, can be challenging. So, here are a few options to consider:
- Vintage film camera
- Wood trays to put their accessories in
- Creative bookmarks and paperweights
- An album of their best memories with you
- A hand-written letter
- Small indoor plants or edible herbs
- Bluetooth speaker with cool lights
- Unique key chain
- Pen holders
- A Virtual Assistant
- Gift cards
- Take them for a night out
- A hiking trip
- Sign them up for a retreat
- Take them camping
- Cooking class
- Handmade things
- Bake them something
- Library subscription
How can I stay asleep?
Staying asleep can be difficult, especially for people with recurring or chronic insomnia. You can adopt the following tips to prevent disturbance in your sleep:
- Make your room quiet and noise-free
- Keep the lights turned off
- Switch off your phone or put it on silent mode
- Use essential oil diffusers
- Use white noise machines
- Use eye masks
- Use ear plugs
- Set the temperature setting to what you feel most comfortable in
- Reduce caffeine intake
- Use a warm comforter or a weighted blanket
- Avoid napping during daytime
Insomnia is a common sleep disorder, and you can experience it at any stage in their lives. It is a very frustrating situation to be in because a lack of sleep disturbs everything else in your life. Be it your work, studies, mental health, physical well being, or your overall quality of life, sleep plays a vital role in keeping you active and productive.
Whether you’re a chronic insomniac or go through short-term sleep disorders, there are many methods you can adopt to minimize its impacts. By incorporating the products and accessories mentioned above, you can make it easier for yourself to fall and stay asleep.
If you choose to buy a gift for your insomniac friend from our mentioned lists, your friend will feel a significant improvement in their sleep cycles. They’ll also be grateful for your friendship and kind consideration towards their problems.
If you have any more questions, please feel free to leave comments on this post, and we’ll make sure we answer them promptly and to your satisfaction.